Good afternoon and welcome to another WOD! If you’re going to have a fighting chance during this pandemic, well you need some boxing fitness training. Corona or no Corona, staying fit and focused is key to mental and physical health. Let’s get you focused on some fighting moves!
- Mirror Boxing – one of the best exercises for boxers. Stand in front of a mirror and begin throwing those fits. The goal is to dodge while you punch. So, throw a punch and dodge. Here’s a classic movie clip from Creed on how to think mirror boxing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyNtMzHeJ6I
- Reverse Crunches – this one is tough… You’ll need to hold on to something (a bench helps) with this exercise. You will need to lay flat on your back while holding the bench with both hands near your ears. With a firm grip in place, lift your legs in the air and then execute a crunch (think: legs are your head).
- Bob and Weave – another boxing classic! We’ll make this one simple. Begin by tying a rope to two end points (about 15 feet apart). Start on one side of the rope and duck under to the other side. Throw a quick upper cut and then two jabs (I say jabs as I basically have my feet together). Repeat on the other side.
- Jump Rope – You know what to do!
- Climbers – place both feet on the ground and hurl your knees towards your chest one at a time – GO FAST!
- Burbees – now we’re getting somewhere… Burbees are king of the body weight workout! Get into a push up (extended) position and then quickly bring your knees close to your chest. Now, jump from there (end with a clap). Next, got back down to the push up position and do it all over again. Sorry, but I’m not taking these things off the WOD; they’re that good!